SHCS has been able to establish two endowment funds and a special fund for children’s activities and education. Donations, over and above dues, enable the SHCS to maintain and provide financial growth and stability to these efforts.
Fund I – For the Care and Maintenance of our Forest Trails
This endowment was established with a major gift from Martha and Edwin Sherman in memory of A. Fairfield Dana. This fund maintains the Finn Caspersen Forest and Trails.
Fund II – For Salt Pond and Shoreline Research, Remediation, Actions and Education
This endowment was established in memory of Mary and F. Thomas Lenihan with a lead gift from the Kimball Foundation.
Fund III – Children’s Activities and Education
This fund was established with the generous support of some of our residents. Donations to this fund supports special activities the SHCS conducts with URI, The Mystic Aquarium and other organizations.
Two Ways to Donate to Our Endowment Funds
Thank you for your help with any of these funds. To donate, indicate the area(s) you would like to support and mail your contribution, made payable to SHCS, to:
Shelter Harbor Conservation Society
PO Box 3106
Westerly, RI 02891
Memorial contributions and gifts in honor of someone are always welcome.
Click the Donate button below. You can choose which area you’d like your donation to be put toward. Memorial contributions and gifts in honor of someone are always welcome so let us know if you’re making the donation in honor of someone.
- The fiscal year of the SHCS has changed to January 1-December 31
- All gifts to the SHCS are tax-deductible
- The SHCS annual meeting is held on the first Saturday in August at 5:30 pm. Please join us for an informative and social evening.
- The SHCS works with and supports the activities of local environmental groups including the Mystic Aquarium, Salt Ponds Coalition, QBCC, and the Rhode Island Nature Conservancy
- The Shelter Harbor Conservation Society is a registered 501 (c)(3) organization which works to support our natural environment and community values. Thank you for your help with any of these funds. To donate, indicate the area(s) you would like to support.